Friday, August 22, 2014

Sweet

So, I might be a bad parent, but my kids eat candy. I love candy more than life itself, and there is no way I could eat candy as much as I do and the kids (especially Avery) not notice. So occasionally they have some. One of our first days in Indianapolis I found this little treasure in Monument Circle.


It is the coolest store. They have all the old timey candy plus any other candy you can think of. They also have thousands of bottles of soda pop. They are everywhere. They even have soda pop flavors like bacon, ranch dressing, and other gross things that make me want to throw up in my mouth. We've been here two weeks and we've been at least three, maybe four times.

I took Daniel to the circle Sunday, and it was cold and rainy. But they were having some kind of Indian parade and festival.


I almost didn't get my ipod on in time to take this picture of the parade...it was the shortest parade I've ever seen. Everyone was dressed up in their Indian attire, and they all looked so pretty. We went into Rocket Fizz right when it opened. Daniel got a root beer and the kids got some gummy frogs. I don't like those soda pops. They are way too sweet, even for my sweet tooth. I like to eat my sugar.


Later in the week I took the kids to the mall. I realized it was super close to the circle, so we walked to Rocket Fizz...again. This is what Avery picked out.


She looked so cute walking down the street eating a lollipop. Don't worry, she didn't even finish half of it. I got a small bag of Jelly Bellies that were flavors of different cocktails. They were amazing. My favorite flavor was margarita...shocking, I know. Colt liked them, too.


I can't wait to take my mom there when she comes to visit so she can show me the candy and soda pops she liked when she was little. And I'm sure we'll be regulars at Rocket Fizz (and probably the dentist, too).

In other news, I bought a stroller from Craig's List for when we go to Chicago. I drove to her town to pick it up. The town is called Ninevah, which I found amusing. She told me to meet her at the corner store in her town. I was excited thinking it might be this cute little town with a cute little corner store. This place was literally in the middle of nowhere, and the "corner store" was just a store on the corner that said Guns and Ammunition on it. The two guys inside were super nice, but looked like they would fit right in in the south. It only took me two weeks to find the rednecks of Indiana!

2 comments: