Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Catching up

I feel like we've been living the crazy life lately instead of the simple life. But our lives are about to get super simple very soon (more on that later). So I'm just catching up on the last few days. Last Friday we went to Joe Davis Stadium to see the Huntsville Stars take on the Jacksonville Suns.


I think their mascot is a bear? And I never could figure out his name. A fan called him Riley but the back of his shirt said Homer.


 
 
 
It's really hard to get my child to stay still to get her picture. She wants to dance around while she says cheese. This is the best I could do.
 
 


We left in the 5th inning, and no one had scored. We still had fun being outside watching the players and all the interesting people. And Daniel told me a good story about him jumping over that wall that's right behind his head when he was in high school. A friend had jumped over to get a ball and jumped right back in the stands. When Daniel did it he couldn't get back over the wall and they had to stop the game and someone had to help him get back over. The place was packed, and the crowd booed him. Love it.

Sunday I took the kids home to Birmingham for a few days. It was so stinkin hot! Monday night I got to meet my two sweet girlfriends at my favorite spot, Pablo's. I can't go home and not have a margarita (or two) from Pablo's. I dream about those things. We got to catch up, and it was nice to have that coveted grown-up time.

 
 
I'm not the best selfie taker, but we had a blast.
 
 
Tuesday my mom and I took Avery, Colt, Jack, and Tate to the park at Mt. Laurel. The kids had fun playing on the train and swinging. We went to Area 41 for pizza, and I think Tate ate three huge pieces of pizza. It was so good, even Colty ate it.
 
 
 
 





I guess I didn't get any pictures of Jack. He was a trooper playing with all the kids. Avery and Colt just love their cousins.

We came home today, then heading out again tomorrow. Lots (and lots) of packing tonight. I think everyone who reads the blog knows where we are going, so just humor me and anxiously anticipate my next post on our new location.

1 comment: