Friday, August 15, 2014

Love

We have been in Indianapolis for a week now, and I am in LOVE with this city. The kids and I have had so much fun exploring. Downtown is so accessible and easy to navigate, even I can make my way through it. There is so much to do, and everything is so pretty. And the people are actually nicer than those two (I'll leave out my colorful adjective here) dads at the zoo. I even had a man come to my rescue when I found myself downtown with a three year old who needed to pee. We walked four blocks to a Starbucks which happened to be attached to a fancy hotel where we had to go to find the potty. Of course it was locked, but a nice man saw me in distress and unlocked the door for us. And my double stroller was still outside where I left it! Oh, and remember how I said it was normal to go 55mph on the interstate. Well, I just noticed that's the speed limit. On the interstate. Yikes. Guess I'm not as observant as I thought.

The day of the potty incident we were just playing at some fountains downtown. I can't stand to just sit in the camper, so even though it was late in the afternoon we packed up and went.

 
 
Colt was carrying a wooden puzzle piece with him, and guess what he did at the fountain? That's right. Luckily I was able to fish it out.


Today we went back downtown to that same spot but visited this. It's called the Soldiers and Sailors Monument and it's in the middle of a big roundabout. It's really cool. It's got a ton of stairs for the kids to climb on and a pretty fountain.


Colt could do this all day.


We went up the 32 stories to the top of the monument. It was very hot and small at the top so we didn't stay long. But I did snap this one picture. The big pointed building behind the smaller pointed building is Lucas Oil Stadium. I'm a little obsessed with it, and I try to drive around it any time I'm downtown. I really want to go to a game this fall.

 
 
Avery in the elevator on the ride down. 

There is also a canal that runs through downtown. It has huge sidewalks. I was super nervous to let Colt out near them, so we played on the stairs (surprise). It's pretty cool, and I heard they have gondolas on the weekend.

 
 
 
 
I might change my mind when the "harsh" winter gets here, but I'm having so much fun and enjoying this big city, dare I say I might not want to leave? I won't have a choice, but a girl can dream.
 
So my other observations might not have been valid, but I have evidence to support my fat people observation.
 


We went to this amazing fast food Italian place called Fazoli's. If you ever see one, pull over. It's so yummy. Daniel got a large Coke with his food, and this is what he got. It's standing next to a roll of paper towels, and it's almost as tall. That thing was huge!


And an adorable picture of my Colt man to start your weekend off right. Have a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment