Monday, August 11, 2014

Goodbye to a legend

When you don't have cable or a fancy cell phone, you miss big things. My mom informed me tonight that Robin Williams committed suicide. I am heart broken. I am so sad that someone so talented, funny, and loved by so many thought that there were no other options. Depression must be a real bitch. There will never be anyone like Robin Williams, and I hope he will be remembered for his work and not for how he died. Daniel was reading me a list of his work, and I was surprised at how many of his films I have seen, which is rare for me. Here are a few of my favorites.

   Aladdin is the Disney movie of my generation. Who doesn't love Genie? He totally makes the movie.


 
 
The Birdcage is one of my favorite movies of all time. Nathan Lane is obviously the star of the show, but Robin Williams is his perfect match. He has a great balance of love and exasperation for Albert.
 
 

 
 
Such a good movie. It really shows that all the good in your life can't always make up for the bad. When I was looking for a picture I found this quote from the movie.
 
      "Poetry, beauty, romance, love--these are what we stay alive for."
 
 
I guess Robin Williams didn't feel he had this, even though I'm sure he did. What a legend. He will surely be missed, and I know the movie world will miss this wacky, loveable, vivacious man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment