Sunday, August 10, 2014

On the move

The kids and I loaded up last Thursday afternoon and headed to...Indianapolis!! Daniel is doing some contract tree work until November 1, so we will be campin' it up for a few months. I'm really excited to go somewhere new and see a different part of the country. I named this blog Project Simplify, but I didn't know it would get this simple...



Daniel went down a few days before us, and I packed a bunch of stuff for him to take. I spent Wednesday and Thursday packing, and this is most of what I had to put in the van. I just knew it wasn't going to fit.


But it did...yay! We headed out right after lunch with the hopes that Colt would take a good nap. We didn't even make it out of Fayetteville before Avery had to go to the bathroom. Oh, the joys of traveling with a not quite potty trained toddler. And it's even more fun to have to take her potty in public while trying to hold a fat 17 month old. She needs help getting onto the potty, so I have to lift her while holding Colt. I'm usually a sweaty mess by the time we get back to the car.

It wasn't the best trip, having to take several potty breaks, going through the nightmare that is Nashville, losing cell service completely for 100 miles, and more roadwork on 65 than you can imagine. But seven and half long hours later, we made it!!

We are staying at a KOA campground, and it is super nice. It has a pool and a playground, and it's not far from downtown Indianapolis.



This is our home for the next few months. Thanks to Cousin Harold for letting us use his camper.


 
Home Sweet Home
 
 
 
 
I was worried Colt would be the youngest shower taker ever, but luckily there is a small tub in the shower.
 
 
 



No room for kitchen table, so we just eat on the floor. The kids are having fun exploring and playing.
 
Daniel was off today, so we went to the Indianapolis Zoo. It was super hot, but we had a blast seeing the animals, and I always have fun people watching.
 
 
 
Avery got her face painted soon after we got there. Later she decided to have a meltdown for no reason and her tears smeared it all up.
 
 
They have this huge orangutan exhibit in this really big building. We got to see two of them wrestling, one laying on his back relaxing, and this one just enjoying all the company.
 
 
 
 
We had fun playing in this little park before we left. We were all exhausted, but so glad we went!
 

 
And this is what Colt did when we got home. We finally woke him up so he would sleep tonight. He was pooped out!
 
 
 
 
While Colt was napping, Avery and I walked to the playground. She has such an active imagination, and can play for hours. I usually can persuade her to go back if I say Capri Sun.
 
I am loving Indianapolis, and I'm so excited to keep exploring with my family. I feel so blessed to be able to travel and visit new places before our kids start school. Maybe I'll home school and we'll just live like gypsies...

1 comment: