Saturday, July 26, 2014

Simply Irresistable

We have had some yummy treats this week. Since we moved here, Avery and I have been experimenting with different flavors of homemade popsicles. We use Kool-Aid (simple enough) and they are delicious. I also found a recipe on Pinterest for some yummy fudgesicles and they are way better than store bought (and so much cheaper). Avery and Colt had fun one morning playing outside eating popsicles.


Colt decided to try the strawberry popsicle. He ate every last bit of that thing. You like his flip flops? Another way I'm making my life easier. Avery's flip flops (that she can still wear) fit Colt perfectly. I'm not going to go buy a pair of shoes for him to wear outside when he's perfectly fine wearing these cute flower shoes.


Look at that blonde hair! I wish it would stay that way, but Daniel won't humor me and tells me it will turn dark. Boo.

 
 
Avery likes the fudgesicles, and I don't blame her. She usually only eats half because they are too cold. That's ok, Mommy doesn't mind finishing it off. Hey, we don't want it to go to waste, right?
 
 
Remember how I said I haven't ventured out into Fayetteville much? Well, the other morning I had to take my recycling downtown and Mamaw had the kids so I decided to walk around the main square. There are so many cute shops! There are lots of antique shops and children's stores. There are also a few diners which I am dying to try. I even saw two men sitting on a bench outside a barber shop. Mayberry much? One shop that stuck out was called Sugar Shack Farms. I thought it would be a candy store, but I peeked in the windows and saw something even better...cupcakes! Once Colt woke up from his nap that afternoon we went to try it out. We got a strawberry cheesecake cupcake and a huge sugar cookie. I have to say I liked the cookie better, but the cupcake was great too. The kids had fun taste testing.
 

 
 
 
A sweet lady in the shop gave Avery this pretty rose. I thought it was so sweet until I smelled it and it was fake and covered in nasty perfume. And you're probably wondering why Avery has this same shirt on in every post. So she might wear a shirt, sleep in it, and then wear it again the next day...busted.
 


 
 
Colt man wasted no time digging in. He liked it all. Shocking, I know. Do you see this brown romper with blue and green surfboards that he is wearing? He also had on navy blue Keds, too. The lady who took our order thought he was a girl. People used to do this to Avery all the time. Looking back at pictures, she did look like a boy, but this child does not look like a girl. Good thing I had a cupcake to make it all better.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Fun!! I need to make some Popsicles. Sounds yummy. I am cracking up at Colt in those flip flops.

    ReplyDelete