Wednesday, July 23, 2014

We found a park

I haven't ventured out too much in Fayetteville (or as Daniel calls it, Fayette-nam). If we get out, it's usually in Hazel Green or Huntsville. But I've been wanting to find a park for the kids. I got online and found a whole recreational park in Fayetteville. So the kids and I loaded up and went searching. And we found a huge park full of fun slides and swings.


I'm so glad Avery is finally at the age where she can pretty much be independent at a park. She had so much fun climbing on everything.




 
I love those action shots! I could watch her go down those slides all day.



Colt was a different story. He walked around for a bit then wanted to climb on everything. We had to leave because he screamed every time I walked him back down to solid ground. Lucky thing, though, because I didn't realize how hot they both were. We got in the car and both their sweet faces were bright red. So we swung by Sonic (which was a bad idea because it was $1 hotdog day) to get a slush. This is a regular thing with us this summer. Avery loves a slush. She and I got one, but I looked back at Colt and he looked so hot, so I gave him some of mine. He took it hostage. I'm pretty sure this is his first one....love at first slush.



 
 
By the way, have you tried the Miami Sunrise slush at Sonic? It is to die for. It tastes just like summer, and I've been wanting to put a little rum in one to make it a real summer drink!

I forgot we had some outside fun earlier this morning...I'll post those pictures soon.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above"    James 1:17

1 comment: