Monday, July 21, 2014

Simply Exercise

The act of running is not simple. Sure, you just put one foot in front of the other and go...until you feel like you're running toward the light. And into death. This is what running feels like for me.

I became a running enthusiast a few years ago when Daniel and I lived in Paducah, KY. I have every issue of Runner's World from the past 5 years. I will give you the stink eye if you tell me running is bad for my joints, and I cringe when I see someone stretching before a run. And I felt so proud when Meb and Boston showed those stupid bombers who is boss on Patriot's Day.

I go through phases where I run a lot and then I quit. Last summer I was running really well, and then I got injured. I went out too fast too quick. Once you stop running, sitting on the couch eating Cheetos feels so much better than running.

A couple weeks ago I started back up again. Besides all the dying stuff, running really is the most simple form of exercise you can do. This is the only equipment I need.


And you really don't even need the music. I like music because I think about stupid stuff if I'm left to my own thoughts, so I need something else to pass the time.

So who needs all those fancy workouts I keep pinning on Pinterest when you can get outside in God's beautiful creation, breathe in some fresh air (when you can catch your breath), and burn some serious calories? Just remember, if you see a bright light, run the other way!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for running again!! I started back in June... getting up about 5:30.. I have fallen off the wagon a little in the last few weeks.. gotta get back to it. love these shoes!!

    ReplyDelete