Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hoarding

I often tell people I'm the opposite of a hoarder. I have no clothes in my closet because I'm constantly sifting through, giving stuff away. I always have a Hannah Home pile going. I take great pleasure in cleaning out and throwing away.

Lately I've been thinking about ways to simplify my life. I got excited because I thought a really easy place to start would be my shower. The shower in our new house is so tiny I barely fit in it. So the less I have to put in there and the quicker I can get in and out, the better. This is what is currently crowding my precious shower space.


First off, how much do you love the purple tile? You probably think it's hideous, but I absolutely love it. It's so cute and retro. Our guest bath has pink tile. Anyways, this might look like a normal amount of stuff, but I want to consolidate and make my routine easier. You can't imagine how hard it is to bend over to pick these things up when the shower is the same size as you. One of my favorite people, Sara Snow, always says to use what you have before you change things up. So I went digging in my cabinets, and this is what I found...


I'm a toiletries hoarder! Am I expecting a mass shortage of shampoo in the near future? Sheesh! So I will diligently use up what I have (which might take years) before I start my new routine. But I'll share it with you now in case you are dying to simplify your beauty routine.

Anyone who knows me knows I don't dry or even really brush my hair. I look like a hippy/hobo most of the time. So I think a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner will work fine for my needs. And I will use a bar of soap as my body wash/face wash/shave cream. That goes from five items to two...score! And P.S. did you notice the purple tile on the counter, too? Love!

Oh, and one last thing...if anyone wants to give me a job, I obviously need one if I'm blogging about shampoo at 11:00 on a Tuesday morning. It is Tuesday, right? When you don't work, all your days run together.

Happy showering!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo you have got some serious shampoo bottles. So recently I did this with toothpaste. All the travel sized ones you get from the dentist. We had like 30 containers. I made us start using me before I would buy more :)

    ReplyDelete