Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Birthday, America!

We haven't had the best of luck with weather the past couple 4th of Julys. Last year we were wearing jackets, and this year it rained. Luckily, we know just what to do when it rains...jump up and down in muddy puddles!




We had so many puddles to choose from, and I don't think the kids have had so much fun getting wet in their clothes! I stood there with my umbrella and watched them for a good 30 minutes. Then we stripped down and got straight in a warm bath!
 
After our adventurous morning in the puddles I decided to do some 4th of July crafts with the kids. Nothing fancy, just some red, white, and blue paint and some white paper.
 

Avery made some fireworks with plastic forks. Colt acted like I was a crazy person when I gave him the forks. He's old fashioned and prefers to use a good ol' paintbrush. His actually turned out really cute.
 
Daddy grilled some hamburgers and hotdogs, and the kids promptly turned their noses up at it. I fried some zucchini and squash, and we had a yummy dinner. We waited until dark, and Daniel gave us a little fireworks show.
 
The kids and I sat in the van since it was still pretty wet outside. Unfortunately they were more interested in all the buttons in the van than in watching the fireworks.
 

I made the kids listen to Lee Greenwood's God Bless the U.S.A. at least two times during the show. Daniel did a good job with the fireworks this year.
 
Avery and Colt got to do a couple of huge sparklers that took forever to burn out.
 
I tried to teach Avery a little about the U.S.A. and why America is the best country. I hope she and Colt learn to love and have pride for America as much and Daniel and I do. And I thank all the men and women who love their country more than themselves and work hard everyday to ensure our freedom.
 
Happy 239th Birthday, America!


No comments:

Post a Comment