Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Destin

Our 7th anniversary was back in June, but this past weekend Daniel and I took a little trip by ourselves to the beach. I'm a planner, but Daniel is teaching me to be more fly by the seat of your pants. We went down there without a room or any plans. All we knew was we wanted to go to the beach and eat good seafood. We did all that and more without a fancy condo on the beach. Who woulda thought? We stayed in a nice hotel right at 2 miles from the Back Porch...our favorite.


Our first morning there I ran down to the beach and then picked up some yummy donuts on my run back. This was my view when I got to the beach. I'd run a lot more if I could dip my feet in the ocean halfway through. 
 
This was one of our first stops when we got there. This is really the only reason Daniel wanted to go to the beach. We ate some delicious seafood at our table right by the ocean. What a fun night. They had to roll us out, and we went back to the room and promptly fell asleep.
 
I have never seen the water so clear! Even though there was a heat advisory, the water was freezing!! Each time we got in we had to get used to it again. It was the perfect beach time, and we had a blast swimming and people watching.
 
This was at the Back Porch...again. We went after an afternoon of outlet shopping and had us some fried pickles and frozen drinks. Apparently this is taking a selfie old style...selfie sticks are so hot right now.
 
Coming into Destin on the MidBay Bridge, I could see something on the shoreline, and as we got closer my hopes were confirmed...Lulu's!! Anyone who knows me knows I am a major Parrothead, and I was so excited to see this! We went for a late lunch one day. There's a little cart shuttle to the restaurant, and Daniel and I hopped on the very back facing backwards. As we were getting in from each side we slammed our heads together. It was a painful start to a delicious meal. Our driver said Lulu's hadn't been open quite a month, and the first night they ran out of food! The atmosphere and view were amazing, as was the food! There is a little beach area with a fountain and sand toys. We will definitely come back with the kids!
 
A little night stroll on the beach before we left the next day.
 

We are taking the kids to the beach for the first time in October, so we got them boogie boards to practice with before we go. Avery is teaching her bear how to swim, and Colty is mastering surfing while eating a popsicle.
 
It was a quick trip, but we are so looking forward to our family beach trip in October. We can't wait to see Avery and Colt's faces when they see more of God's creation and their reactions being in the ocean. It won't be as relaxing, but we will be making fun memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment