Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lyon Family Farms

It has been such a hot, dry few months. I was so excited to see some rain a couple weeks ago. We have lots of low spots on our land, which makes for great puddles. One morning while it was still raining a bit we got out and played in the water.


This one is more like a pool. Avery's hair is the best in this picture. I don't think it had been brushed in a few days.

Back in June Rory Feek posted on his blog about a movie he was making about Joey and their journey. I immediately bought my mom and me tickets, and we had been waiting patiently for it to come out. I went to Birmingham Tuesday and we saw it that night. I absolutely loved it! I thought I would cry the whole time, but Rory did such a good job focusing on her life, not her death. 

For an early dinner before the movie we went to Avondale in downtown Birmingham and ate at Post Office Pies. It was pretty good, and we were so stuffed we didn't have room for popcorn at the movie.

Meme came to visit last Friday, and we took the kids to a pumpkin patch close to our house. 

Lyon Family Farms is in Taft, TN. Never heard of it, but it's only fifteen minutes from here. That never happens when you live in the middle of nowhere. 


We had to take the obligatory pictures in front of stuff before we could start playing.


This pillow bounce looked super fun. I thought the kids would play on it for a while, but it only lasted a minute or so. 

Some cool pipe swings. Colt kept telling me to go higher. I was waiting for those ropes to snap.

Avery talked us into going through the corn maze, then led us through. We only had to cheat once.

We made it!

Avery loved this the best! It is called Rat Race, and she could have done it all day.


Pipe slides. The one Colt is coming out of was super tall. They were both hesitant to go down it, but once they did, they didn't want to stop!

Did I mention how hot it was? It was mid morning, and it felt like 100 degrees. I don't think I've ever been so hot. Wherever the kids went, my mom and I looked for shade. Absolutely miserable.

Hillbilly drums

They had pig races, and it was hilarious. For some reason I thought the pigs would run fast. I was wrong. They were so cute and fat.

My little sheep and piggy

Love these sweet kiddos


We made our way over to the hayride to pick out our pumpkins. I had to talk Colt out of getting a tiny green one. See that paper in his hand? That's the map of the farm, and he read that thing the entire time. I was amazed at his map reading skills.

Even though we were dripping with sweat when we left, we had so much fun!! And we got free passes to come back in October. Hopefully we will pick a cooler day. 

After lunch Meme took Colt home with her, and Avery and I went to the movies to see Storks. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but Avery thought it was cute. 

This week is homecoming at school. I love that Avery goes to a K-8 school. She gets to go to pep rallies and participate in fun things like this. Cute homecoming week outfits to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment