Monday, October 3, 2016

Homecomings

Last week we had such nice fall weather. A couple days I even wore pants! Colt and I enjoyed being outside without dying of a heat stroke.

We played Peppa for a while waiting on Avery to get off the bus.

This book has a bunch of Halloween mazes. Avery is good at them...Colt just moves his fingers around til he gets to the end.

We did a fall tree craft where you dot q-tips on a tree and they look like leaves. Colt didn't care for this. He painted a big yellow blob on the bottom and said it was a pile of leaves.

Last week was homecoming at Avery's school. Saturday she decided to get a stomach bug and was sick most of the week. She went to school everyday, but I think the only reason she wanted to go was the dress up days.

Monday was team day. Poor Avery is crimson in a sea of ugly orange in her class.

Hawaiian day

Camo day. Walmart doesn't cater to 5 year old girls in this department. Had to make her shirt.

School spirit day. Another homemade shirt. I painted little blue, green, and white dots on her face. Glad her school has pretty colors. And they are the eagles, just like when I was in elementary school!

And neon day. She had a fun week even though she was so sick.

Last week was Alabama's homecoming week as well. We always look forward to taking the kids down and seeing the parade. We've had hot parades, and we've had cold and windy parades. This one was perfect!!





Once we got there and spent forever looking for a parking spot, we had lunch at Rama Jama's. I don't know why I never went there when I was in college, but it's a fun little place.

About as close as we'll get to going in the stadium for now.



This is one of my favorite things at homecoming, and we seem to have skipped it the past few years. I definitely wanted to make time for it this year. I couldn't believe how much sorority row has changed! My sister is a new AOPi at South Alabama so we had to get our pictures made in front of their house. Colt wasn't digging it.

We found us a shady spot to watch the parade. Then we waited...


Daniel and I took turns with Avery on our shoulders. Colt wanted no part of it. I let Avery use my old Ipod to take pictures. I could hear it clicking a mile a minute.


These two cars are always fun.


We love us some Big Al!

The Million Dollar Band stopped right in front of us and played the fight song.

Hopefully Avery and/or Colt will be drunk on this float in a few years.

I can't handle the cuteness. He waved to everyone. Toward the end he told me his hand was tired of waving.

So cute


After the parade we walked over to the stadium. Avery got her picture taken with Nick Saban.

After that we headed back to the car. So glad Daniel could come home for a couple days and take us to Tuscaloosa for a day of fun. We just love spending time together as a family.

Next up...Fall Break! I'm so excited I can't even stand it! Look out, Jersey, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment