Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

We were supposed to spend Halloween in Indianapolis, but we came home early and decided to spend it in Birmingham. Good thing, too...it was sleeting and snowing in Indy that night. Yikes! Avery and I spent the morning visiting some old friends and eating donuts.

 
I found this cute idea on Pinterest. However, I found out quickly that when you put a sharpie on an orange, it immediately quits working. Definitely a labor of love. We delivered them to my old coworkers at NSFH.
 

Nothing like a good ol' Krispy Kreme donut.
 

 
 
We visited Memaw, then we were ready for a fun night. I decided that we would trick or treat in our old neighborhood in Helena. The houses are close together, and it's flat. Plus, we got to see all our friends! After some fifty cent corn dogs from Sonic, we headed to Helena. Sweet Meme came with us!
 
 
Avery and Fulton picked up right where they left off. And I knew I wouldn't get any good pictures of Colt this year. Boy can't sit still.
 
 
We miss our friends!
 
 
 
 
 
We had fun trick or treating. It didn't last too long, though. Right as we were starting, the wind started blowing and the temperature dropped about twenty degrees. It was freezing! We hit a few houses, then headed home. We stopped to visit our friend Gigi in my mom's neighborhood and hit a couple more houses to round out the night.
 
 
Digging into the candy before we made it home. A boy after my own heart.
 
 
They did pretty good! This girl would have eaten everything in her bucket if we would have let her.
 
 
What a fun night! We had a blast seeing friends and trick or treating.
 
 

1 comment: