Saturday, November 29, 2014

Giving Thanks

We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Birmingham. The kids and I headed out Wednesday, and Daniel met us up there Thursday morning. We went straight to lunch at my Aunt Anne's house. As usual, it was amazing. I forgot to wear my turkey pants, and I was regretting it. Such good food and time with the family.

 
I didn't even fix this joker a plate. He ate a couple Cheez-its and a squeezie fruit. I think Avery ate a sweet pickle and the butter off her bread. Wish I had their appetites.
 

The kids' table. Poor Jack ended up by himself since none of the other kids ate anything.
 
Family picture. I always forget, and this year I remembered. It's hard to get everyone to smile.
 
This was the hardest picture of the day. I think Jack was the only one who smiled and looked at the camera in every shot. We had to settle for Colty crying.
 
Such a sweet picture with Meme!
 
This child never naps. After saying she wasn't going to sleep a million times, I looked over and she was racked out!
 
We had breakfast Saturday morning with our sweet friends the Howards. Avery and Fulton had so much fun playing and catching up.
 
 
Auntie Beth gave Avery some kinetic sand for her birthday, and we finally got around to playing with it. It's really cool. It's mushy and it stays together so you can build stuff. It entertained them for a while.
 
 
Once Colt figured out how to play with it, he had a blast.
 
I was a Mississippi State fan before I was an Alabama fan, and I have been so torn this season. I am so proud of State, and it was very bittersweet when Alabama beat them. So we cheered for both teams today. Sadly, the kid on the right lost to those ridiculous hotty toddy folks. I feel bad for Dan Mullen and the players. They played their hearts out this season. The little girl on the left, however, is hopeful for a big W! Roll Tide!

2 comments:

  1. So much loved seeing y'all today!! That kinetic sand is so cool. We have played with it in the store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad we missed your visit to Birmingham! Hopefully next time we'll be in town and can meet up!!

    ReplyDelete