Friday, October 3, 2014

Donuts, Pork, and a Pink Elephant

I should really get paid for all the advertising I am doing for Indianapolis. Cause, you know, so many people read my blog. I've been trying to check things off my Indy to do list. This week was a success. On Monday we went to lunch at Binkley's in Broad Ripple. Indianapolis is known for its fried pork tenderloin sandwich, and I'd been dying to have one. My brother-in-law's coworker is from Indy and she suggested a few places to get a good one. Honestly, I was a little nervous. I'm a picky eater and I was scared I wouldn't like it after I had built it up in my mind. Boy, was I wrong!!

 
This is heaven on a plate! Before I started eating it, I decided to only eat half and take the other half to Daniel. Didn't happen. And those are the good homemade fries. So yummy!
 
 
And my sweet, rambunctious Colt actually sat in his high chair the whole time so I could fully enjoy my delicious sandwich. I know, it's not normal for him to be smiling these days!!
 
 
I have read about this place several times. Martha Stewart even tweeted about eating here. They are famous for their donuts. It wasn't in a familiar part of town, so we got our donuts and headed downtown. I felt pressure to order quickly, so I didn't get to see all they had. We got two chocolate covered and one powdered.
 
 
Avery enjoyed hers, till she dropped it on the ground. They were ok, but if it's not a Shipley or Krispy Kreme, I don't really care for it.
 
 
Thursday we went to this little town that I had been reading about, Fortville. It's pretty close to the campground. They have this café called Indulge where we got lunch. They have amazing desserts, too. However, because of one toddler, who shall remain nameless, we had to leave halfway through our lunch and didn't get to "indulge" in dessert, or even finish our lunch. We went to Fortville to eat at Indulge, but we also went because I read about this.
 
 
It's a liquor store with this big pink elephant wearing glasses and holding a martini glass. Being a Tide fan, I had to see this. I quickly snapped this picture and took the hooligans home.
 
Still much to do in Indy. Slowing but surely seeing the city before we leave!


1 comment: