Monday, October 20, 2014

Colts vs. Bengals

Yesterday I got to check one thing off my bucket list. Daniel and I were able to go to the Colts game! The Bengals were in town, and I found good tickets on Craig's List. Luckily, Mamaw and Natalie came up and kept the kids. They stayed a couple nights at the camper, and Daniel and I stayed in a cabin at the campground.


I beg you, if you value your sleep at all, don't ever stay here. I never complain about mattresses and can sleep anywhere, but this bed was the devil.
 

 
We found good parking and got to the stadium early. There was a lot of fun stuff going on! We walked around a bit and got to meet some of the cheerleaders. They autographed some photos for Colt and Avery. I was a little too excited about this.
 
 
 
I wish I had gotten more pictures of the inside of the stadium. It was amazing. We had a long walk to our seats and enjoyed looking around and checking out our food options.
 
 
The view from our seats. That big window on the left looks out on downtown Indy.
 
 
The top was open for a beautiful day. It was in the 50s so we were pretty chilly, but it was perfect football weather.
 
 
 
The players coming out of the chute and the National Anthem. I have to find out how to be a flag waver person. Next item on my bucket list. NFL games seem much quicker than college football games, and before we knew it, the Colts had beat the Bengals 27-0. I was sitting next to a Bengals fan who kept me entertained throughout the game. So that's two shutouts for us this weekend!
 
 
We walked back around after the game and got one more selfie at the stadium. This was after we walked up and down aisles hoarding the good stadium cups. We ended up with nine...score!
 
 
What an amazing afternoon at Lucas Oil Stadium! So excited to have been able to cheer on the Colts! Oh, and speaking of Colts, I have a little anxiety about saying Colt's name in public. I mean, 32 NFL teams, and we live where the Colt's play. Our next child shall be called Seahawk.



No comments:

Post a Comment