Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign


I know I look like a total tourist, but I love taking pictures of signs around Indianapolis, lately on Massachusetts Avenue, my new favorite place in Indy. I discovered it last Saturday, and I've been there four times since then. And maybe ate three a couple cupcakes this week.

Several years ago this trail was put into the city so you can bike or walk through the city as you learn about its history. If I lived here, I would definitely have to get a bike.

You can rent these bikes to ride through the city. As I was taking this picture I was reading about renting them, and they are really cheap. Might have to try it one Sunday when Daniel has the brats.

Love, love, love this place. It's a used book store. I've been with the kids a couple times, and that's a complete mess, but today I got to go alone. It was nice...I didn't have to chase a toddler around, peeling chess pieces out of his chubby hands.

I've been reading about how cool and hip this neighborhood is, so we went one morning. I must have gone to the non-hip section. I wasn't impressed. Definitely be going back to see what I'm missing.

I'm not going to fit through the door of this place if I don't stop going. The kids and I have eaten sampled Strawberry Shortcake, Dreamsicle, Razzmatazz, and chocolate (called Happy Birthday to Me).

I finally went into this little treasure today. It's a million chocolate truffles behind glass that they actually expect you to choose from. We won't tell Daniel that I spent a ridiculous amount of money on four truffles and ate them all myself.

And a little video to get you through the day. This is Ann Dancing, a sculpture on Massachusetts Ave. Avery and Ann have become good friends and love to dance together.

No comments:

Post a Comment