Monday, July 10, 2017

Our Summer in Paducah

It took a lot of strength not to put a nasty adjective in front of that city in the title. I'm trying (and failing a lot) to make the best of it. So here's what we've been up to this summer.

There's an above ground pool where we live, and the kids, especially Avery love it. It's nice to be able to walk to the pool.


I signed Avery up for swim lessons. She did so well. I'm so proud of what she has learned how to do in the pool these past few summers. If only I could get Colt interested in lessons.


In June Metropolis had its Superman Celebration. It was a really fun event. I kept reading how Dean Cain would be there, but we found out when we got there pictures with him were $50. This nice Superman was free, and the kids didn't know the difference.

We are still really enjoying our church, and I'm so thankful for an awesome place to worship and take the kids. It's really been a bright spot in this dark city.



The kids went to VBS a few weeks ago. The theme was Galactic Starveyors. They learned all the songs and dances, and got to perform for us on Friday night. What a great week. One day they called and said Colt had hurt his finger. I went to pick him up and he was crying with that visor on. I couldn't handle the cuteness.







The kids and I went to Birmingham for a few days at the end of June. We had so much fun. My mom and I took the kids to Railroad Park, Vulcan, and Savages. We all went to Alabama Splash Adventure one day and had a blast. I took Avery to get a haircut, go roller skating for the first time, and to Steel City Pops. We also found the Birmingham sign and quickly found out the restaurant it's on isn't quite as kid friendly as we thought. What a fun week in my hometown.



For the 4th of July we went to St. Louis. I have been wanting to go there since we lived here in 2009. Monday was amazing. We went to this awesome restaurant, Blues City Deli, then we found some tickets to the Cardinals game that night. We sat in the BrewHouse across the street from the stadium and had so much fun. Tuesday started out fun with going to see the Arch. It's really amazing. Then we went to this fair that turned out to be a dud. Both Daniel and I said that St. Louis reminded us of 8 mile in Detroit. It was scary. The game and the Arch were awesome, but other than that I wasn't impressed with St. Louis. 

Still in Paducah. Still waiting to go somewhere else. Trying to stay positive. Thankful for this time with Daniel and the kids. Hopeful for the future. Get here fast, future.

No comments:

Post a Comment