Friday, May 5, 2017

Highlights of Spring

I've been neglecting my blog lately. About a month ago we bought a camper, and there's no wifi in it...that's my excuse. But so many blog-worthy events have occurred, so I'll hit the important stuff.



Colt turned 4!! Can't believe my baby is a big boy! We celebrated at my most least favorite place, Chuckee Cheese's. The kids had fun. We had a little taco night at home and a dinosaur birthday cake. And of course, Peppas.

The kids went fishing with Daniel, and Avery caught this all by herself! Colt's not impressed...



In March the kids went to their first wedding...their cousin Brittany got married to Ryan. They danced the night away!!


Avery lost her first tooth!! What a big milestone for my sweet girl! She was beyond excited about her three quarters, and that made my heart happy. No $20 teeth around here. She has since lost another tooth! 


We didn't think we'd see snow this year, but the day after we got home from the wedding, it snowed pretty good. We had a blast! Colt was not a happy camper when I made him come inside.

At the end of March we went home for a few days, and Meme came to visit. We went to Marcy Jo's and had a delicious breakfast, including the most amazing cinnamon roll appetizer. I'm drooling thinking about it...



We got back to Paducah and turned around and drove to Louisville to pick up our camper! We are so excited and relieved to finally have our own place. It even has an awesome bunk room for the kids. They enjoyed swimming at the hotel. We also happened to be eating out the night Kentucky was playing in the Final Four. It was pretty crazy...then they lost.

We went to Emmery's fifth birthday party, and I snapped this picture of the cutest little girl I've ever seen. 




Easter week was fun. We talked about Jesus's final week a lot and made these yummy resurrection rolls to illustrate Jesus rising from the dead. We went to an Easter egg hunt in Paducah and had an awesome Easter service at our church. 

Then the you-know-what started hitting the fan around here. I let my guard down and let the kids play with Emmery unsupervised. Bad idea...she and Avery were running around the outside of the trampoline and Emmery pushed Avery off. Avery hit the back of her head on a metal stake, and we got to take our first real trip to the ER. She had a pretty deep cut and got 3 stitches. It makes me sick to think what could have happened.

 Less than a week later, on Avery's 6th birthday, Harold's cat wouldn't get out of our camper. Avery picked her up and toted her out about 3 times before the cat got fed up and bit her. We didn't know if the cat has rabies, so we went to the doctor, got an antibiotic, and the Animal Control came and got the cat. That's a pretty scary feeling. Thank goodness we could get the cat so she didn't have to get the rabies shots. We got an all clear yesterday. What a relief!

What a way to spend your birthday.

She picked IHOP for her birthday dinner. It was pretty good, but Avery ate like a bird, as usual.


A few days later we celebrated with the family. I don't know where the time went...she was just a baby!!

Stitches came out and the wound looks great! Thankful for the kind, gentle doctors we had. The ER bill will not be so gentle...


Sunday was super rainy and windy, so I went to church by myself. I told Daniel to cut Colt's hair and jokingly said, "Scalp him." I tell that to everyone who cuts his hair. Obviously I don't mean it. Daniel thought I did...I cried. Colt cried. But it will grow.

I'm over Paducah and this farm, but I'm excited for summer, and hopefully we'll get to go somewhere cool soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment