Saturday, August 13, 2016

How Can It Be?

I remember bringing Avery home from the hospital in the spring of 2011. I remember being so happy to have a little girl. But I also distinctly remember thinking, "I have no idea what to do with this baby." I just took it day by day and tried to enjoy every moment with my sweet baby girl. I still have no idea what I'm doing, and I make a million mistakes everyday, but I'm enjoying the time I spend with Avery and trying to learn from my mistakes. As I sent my baby off to kindergarten this week I am amazed at this little girl. She is so smart, funny, independent, beautiful. I don't take any credit for this (especially the beautiful part). God has been so good, so gracious. He has blessed us beyond measure, and Avery is only five! I can't even imagine what He will do in the years to come.

We got home from Indiana Sunday afternoon. We had already picked out Avery's first day outfit. She told me what to pack in her lunch. We (grudgingly) took a bath. Then we read a book to get Avery ready for school.

We absolutely love the The Night Before series. 



And before we knew it, it was time to wake up (too early) and get ready for the big day. Memaw wanted to buy Avery a new backpack. I know Memaw is beaming at this cute little girl, and I'm glad she got to see Avery's first day and new backpack with her brand new, perfect eyes. 

Avery had two phase-in days with her teacher, Mrs. Monks. Then on Thursday the whole class came together. I took Avery to school and picked her up on the phase-in days. Then my plan was to have her ride the bus. That is, until I found out what time the bus comes in the morning. It makes me cringe just thinking about it...6:40 am!! School doesn't even start til 7:40. Makes no sense to me, so I decided I would take her to school and she would ride the bus home. 

This is what Colt did while we waited for Avery's bus the first day. 

Right on time

I was so nervous that she wouldn't get on the right bus or the bus driver would pass our house. But, of course, she did perfect!! She enjoys the bus, and I am so glad! She also loves loves school! Although I'm pretty sure she knows most of what is taught everyday, she doesn't care about that and just has fun. Wish I could be more like that! 

Last year we had dance on Friday nights. Now it is on Monday, and I couldn't be happier. I told Avery we can have pizza and movies or games on Friday nights, and she was so excited. She kept calling it our slumber party. 


These pictures are great for three reasons...we are celebrating our first week of school/pizza party. But I had to document the fact that we are actually eating at the table which we NEVER do, and the kids drank out of big kid cups with no spills! Success all around!


To celebrate the Olympics (which I am totally enjoying), we watched Rio. It's a really cute movie, and between it and the Olympics, my new bucket list destination is Rio. So pretty!! We had candy and glow bracelets. The kids are horrible movie watchers, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. 

It was a long stressful week for me, with parenting alone, spending every second with a 3 year old, and making sure everything went smoothly for Avery. I treated myself to a delicious Rosie's margarita for lunch on Friday while Mamaw was here. Completely did the trick. We are ready for a fun weekend and week 2 of kindergarten. It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment