Thursday, November 5, 2015

The rest of October

So I'm failing miserably at coming up with cute titles for my blog posts, but I'm just lucky to be sitting here doing it. It's going to be even harder in a few months...

One Friday I got to go up to Avery's school to paint pumpkins with her. When I got there I was happy to see that the pumpkins had already been painted with chalkboard paint and we would be decorating with chalk. Not quite as messy. It was crowded in that little cafeteria, but we had fun.



We put the pumpkin outside with our cute decorations, and I'm sad to say the rain washed away her sweet designs.
 
My baby sister, Sarah Grace, plays volleyball for Madison Academy. They were in a tournament to qualify for state. They ended up being the top seed in the tournament and made it to the final match in state. They ended up getting beat by a team full of "big ol' girls" (my stepmom's words) who had won state the past 14 years. They were from Bayside Academy and I almost asked if Kelly Kapowski or Jessie Spano were on the team, but I didn't want to be insensitive to their loss. :o) And I didn't know if SG knew who those people are, and I didn't want to feel really old. Avery and I went to a game in one of the tournaments and had fun watching them play.
 
I have absolutely no understanding of the rules of volleyball, so I just cheered when everyone else did.
 
 I wish I had SG's reaction and the reaction of her teammates on video. Priceless...
 



The arena was attached to an Embassy Suites, and as we were leaving we spotted this fun display. Avery threw a few coins in the fountain then posed with these folks. The one in the red is Dolly Parton. We had to take a picture with her; she's the one who sends us free books every month. Thanks Dolly!!
 
I found this cute idea on Pinterest where you decorate the outside of a mason jar to look like monsters or jack-o-lanterns. Then you cut open a glow stick and shake the jar. It's supposed to glow. We decided to try it out since I have about a million "pickle" jars.
 
We just couldn't wait until it was dark outside, so we decided to try a couple in the bathroom. They worked! We patiently waited for the sun to go down.
 
Daddy wanted to cut the glow sticks.
 

The kids with their creation, and one with the flash off. They turned out super cute!
 
We also carved our pumpkin that night. Avery wanted it to look like her trick or treat pumpkin. I think Daddy pretty much nailed it.
 
The day before Halloween Avery had her party at school. She got to wear her costume, which was a bat. Daniel was home, so we both got to go.
 

She had fun eating her special snack and scored some yummy goody bags. She also got to wear her costume to dance and the parents got to watch a special Halloween dance they learned. We had a fun day before Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment