Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Before the Move

Oh. My. Gosh. I am so behind! I just pulled this thing up, and I haven't posted in over a month. That's a lot of catching up to do. So this post will be before we moved to Paducah/Metropolis, and the next one will be since.

I have a bunch of pics, but I don't know when they happened, so they will probably be out of order. I'm sure you're worried about that, though...

I can't believe how big my kids are! They love being outside and riding the 4-wheeler with Daddy (cause this girl sure doesn't know how to drive it!)

My sister gave the kids this game for Christmas. It's called Suspend, and it is so fun!! You can't really see it well here, but you have to hang different length rods on each other and try to keep it balanced. Both kids are really good at it!

We went to Birmingham one last time before we moved, and since we will probably be on the road for a while, we celebrated both kids' birthdays. It was weird, but fun.

My mom made these cute cupcake toppers...Team Umizoomi for Colt and Sheriff Callie for Avery.


Singing for both my big kids.


We played Musical Chairs. It was actually pretty fun. The pictures are blurry because everyone was moving so fast! The competition was brutal...

We also played Pin the Tail on the Donkey. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who pinned it on the spot.

The kids each got their own soccer ball from Meme. They are having so much fun! Avery will be playing soccer in Paducah soon, and we are so excited!


One day we got so much rain I almost started building an ark. The kids had a blast! Luckily it was warm (in January!) so we could play in it. I love to watch them play in rain. Pure joy.

Oh, that face. That face is the reason he's so darn rotten.

After the nightmare that was (and still is) Avery and the potty, I'm glad to have a boy who can pee anywhere. 

Avery expressed desire to wash dishes...who am I to argue with that?! I've been waiting for this day for 5 years.

More pictures from our trip to Birmingham. Avery went to babysit with Meme, so Colt and I went exploring in Birmingham. I didn't know this existed, but I'm so glad we found it! The more I'm away from my city, the more I love it and am glad I was raised here.

Colt and I might have visited Savages two days in a row...that means two cream cheese meltaways. There's a (very) high end children's store next door, and my mom and I found the kids some awesome steals! 


We went to Overton Park one day, and the kids had fun on a new (to them) park. 

After Birmingham it was time to go home and pack for our new destination. At the beginning of February we loaded up and headed to the Paducah, KY area. Coming back to a bigger city really makes me happy. I'm definitely a city girl. We are having fun with school and doing lots of new things with the kids. More on that in the next post...


No comments:

Post a Comment